Kreativ Blogger Award – Get out the word!!
Much to my surprise, I was nominated yesterday to receive the coveted Kreativ Blogger award. I haven’t yet come to grips with the incredibly lucrative financial benefits that are sure to accompany this award…but it is a welcome surprise nontheless. So thanks to Colline at http://collinesblog.wordpress.com/ for nominating my blog for this award. When I started blogging (and photographing) earlier this year, I had no idea that this would turn into an opportunity to connect with so many interesting and accomplished people from all around the world.
As with any award, rules of acceptance have been decreed:
- Thank the blogger who presented you with this award (thanks again, Colline)
- Post a photo of the award (done)
- Share 10 things about yourself that readers do not know
- Choose 6 people to present this award to
- Let the 6 people know that they have been awarded.
As for myself, here’s 10 random thoughts:
- I am an aspiring acoustic guitar player but my handmade guitar “collection” is much nicer than my playing will ever do justice to
- I retired from being a civilian in the US Navy department and was second in Command of an 8,000 person and $6B/year engineering command. I am a part time consultant in my “interim” career (between my main career and full time lazing around) but that work is starting to interfere with my other hobbies so I will probably not continue that much longer
- After retirement, I briefly considered a second career in the golf industry but I am happy that I changed my mind as I am playing less (and worse) golf these days but enjoying it more when I do play
- I have two dogs, one of which is certifiably insane
- In less than a year I have gone from one point and shoot camera to 5 cameras, an assortment of lenses, and other equipment that I’m trying to figure out how to use. My disposable income has decreased as my photo gear has grown
- I grew up and went to college in New Jersey, and still follow Rutgers football (kind of sad)
- My wife, Dee, may be the most avid San Diego Chargers fan (and supporter of coach Norv Turner) on the planet
- We enjoy traveling, learning a little about the places we visit and meeting the wonderful people of the varied cultures that inhabit our world
- Our favorite trips normally involve the “natural” world and specifically, wildlife. One of our favorite experiences so far has been sharing a salmon stream, up close and personal, in Alaska with Brown (Grizzly) Bears. We liked that trip so much, we are going to a different part of Alaska this year to hopefully see Bears in a different environment and add a few wolves and foxes to the photographic mix….
- We also enjoy scuba diving although we only go once or twice a year. Our favorite dive areas so far have been the island of Sipadan in Malaysia and the Lembeh Straits in Indonesia. My bucket list includes diving with Whale Sharks somewhere in the world.
As for my nominations for this award….may I have the envelope please…
The first is Marina Chetner at http://marinachetner.com/. She posts her own photos and thoughts as well as classic quotes and photos from other artists. Her series on NYC is both informative and extremely interesting – get to know the city through her eyes! My second nomination is for Maggie at http://maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com/. Maggie is loving life and enjoying it to the fullest – anyone who takes up rock climbing in retirement has got to be special! My third nomination is for Anthony Parente at http://two2dive.wordpress.com/. Anthony has some terrific photography in both vivid colors and black and white. My next is Siggi at http://siggiofmaine.wordpress.com/. Siggi’s blog has some great reflections on life where you quickly understand that she is a wonderfully caring and sensitive person. My next is Daniel Fee at http://politonomicsandtravel.wordpress.com/. Daniel’s blog is a very interesting mix of travel photos of the day as well as very thoughtful and well researched opinions of some of the political and economic issues of our times – very interesting and informative. My last nomination really isn’t a blog nomination – its just a thank you to my friend Cathy Thomas who suggested that I do this blog and did the research to get me going!
PS – the prairie pup was taken on Rt 128 in Utah near Moab.